So my wireless card was supposed to work right off the bat with BackTrack so I could start breaking WEP128 encryption on wireless networks. But as it turns out BackTrack doesn’t recognize the wireless switch on the outside of my laptop.
So for the uninstall.
1. I didn’t want to just delete the partitions because I wanted to remove the bootloader LILO first.
2. I ran the command
lilo -u /dev/sda
at a terminal window in Linux.
3. It told me my disk was busy and it couldn’t be removed :(
4. A tutorial told me to boot up with the live cd and unmount all the drives and it should remove it
5. I mounted and unmounted the drives several times and ran the same command above on all the different partitions sda1-sda7 but it now tells me it can’t find LILO signature on any drive…so maybe the first command worked after all?
6. I rebooted and LILO was gone and Windows Vista started almost normally – it froze after the loading screen but I rebooted and I got to the login screen. YAY I didn’t fry my laptop.
7. Now to try either for Mac OS X install or maybe switch to