So I did some analysis on my rentmappr.com results. Looks like I get on average about 84% of postings to successfully geocode and get posted to rentmappr from craigslist. I do have an address correction algorithm in place but I haven’t analyzed its results for success. From watching the geocoder do its work though, I estimate I get about 20% of the postings that have a “bad” or non-geocodeable address to successfully geocode.
I will shortly be adding bedroom search to further narrow results. I did push dog and cat search options to production last week.
I’m also pleased to announce that my roommate successfully found, and rented, an apartment using rentmappr! Her glowing testimonial to follow.